Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh Captain, my Captain

Sonny started his job at the Fulton Dental Clinic on Ft. Lewis today. He will be working there for a year before he starts his Oral and Maxillofascial Surgery residency at the Madigan Army Medical Center. He is now a Captain. Pretty cool eh? When he came home tonight, he told me that he basically did Anti-terrorism training all day on the computer. Totally cool dude. Here he is in his new Army Combat Uniform that he paid a bundle for. We were able to find him some used boots at the Goodwill too which saved us some $. What a steal! We only have one car at the moment so Sonny purchased a road bike online so that he could start biking it to work everyday. I refuse to be stuck at home all day without a car! Sonny doesn't seem to understand why I need a car but all you stay-at-home moms know what I'm talking about, right? If he's lucky, I might let him use the car once a week:) Luckily, there are a couple stores around us that Tay and I can walk to, if we had to get out. Anyways, so Sonny's back to the working world and we'll hopefully get back into the routine of things. As far as the house goes, we are still waiting to hear about our USDA loan. Hopefully it will all work out and it will go through! The weather has gotten a lot cooler, thank goodness, so no more homemade swamp cooler. It actually rained today so I think the raining had started:) If it wasn't for the extreme heat this last month, I probably wouldn't be so happy about the rain. It really isn't too bad, yet, that is. I do enjoy the smell of wet cement...


5 comments:

Celeste said...

I could not be stuck at home either. Sometimes I just need to get out and I don't plan it the day before :)

Good luck on the loan!

Cambrienelson said...

Wierd to see Sonny in uniform!
Thus starts real life. Fun to see what you guys are up to

Ali said...

I love the smell of wet cement, too, and used to lick it after it rained. The homemade swamp cooler is a crack up! Except it's not a crack up to have no A/C in the heat!

Scott just started work, too. Weird not to have him around, huh? And I totally know what you mean about the car... No way would I go without!

Stevo said...

So official! I probably wouldn't go to a dentist who wears a uniform like that though:)

Christy said...

First day of work, but you thought it would never come. I just pitty the first patient. Hope everything goes though with the house. Tell Sonny there is not way I would go without a car either.