Wednesday, September 23, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things

I was one lucky girl last weekend. I got to experience two of my most favorite things... "The Deadliest Catch" and Theater. Sonny's mom, sister, her husband and little boy came down to visit from Boise. On Friday we went to the Puyallup Fair. It was much more "countrified" than say the LA Fair. Sure, I love the LA Fair and I grew up going to it every year but this was a true country fair. About half of it was cows, no kidding. Taylor is now a huge fan of cows. But the animal exhibits have always been my favorite too so that was just perfect. Even though it was a very hot day (where is the Washington rain?), we had a great time strolling around and trying out all the junk food fairs have to offer. But by far, the coolest thing to see was this:


I always get giddy when I get to see somebody from tv or movies in person. It's just exciting. So we stopped by "The Deadliest Catch" booth and caught a glimpse of Jonathan Hillstrand, one of the captains of The Time Bandit, a crab boat on the show. It was pretty neat. We even got to see him rev up his harley at one point. There was a line to get autographs and pictures with him too. If it was Sig Hansen from the Northwestern, I would have stood in line for sure :)




Here he is


The next day, while the husbands took the kids to a zoo, Sonny's mom, sister, and I had a chance to go see "Wicked" in Seattle! I saw Wicked for the first time back in 2007, right after I had Taylor, and had forgotten how exhilerating and moving this play was.


It is such an extraordinary piece of work with all it's actors, sets, etc. It is truly magical and you almost come out of the theater a different person. For sure, a better person for experiencing it.

We were all really really excited! Me, Well, lets just say, I could hardly stay in my seat most of the time.


The ceiling of the theater was unreal. Extremely detailed and decorative, a bit of Baroque style in it.


Our seats were actually pretty good. We bought our tickets last minute and were thinking we would be in the nose bleed section. I was so glad we weren't. You almost can't appreciate it as much when your so far away. ok, enough, enough, I know. I can't help it :)

5 comments:

Ali said...

How fun! I love wicked and would love to see it again! It's been 3 years, I think. Looks like a fun fair. Are you liking Washington? Are you there for 4 or 5 years, or do you know? Miss you guys! :)

Celeste said...

Sound like you guys had fun. I would have loved to see Wicked. I guess I'll have to catch you guys next time

Celeste said...

Oh yeah, I like your picture at the top. :)

Carley said...

We had so much fun. Thanks for taking us to the play! It was awesome! I can't wait till next year.

Christy said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of visitors and fun!!! We are hoping we can meet up in California over Christmas.