Monday, October 13, 2008

Ringo and the Slide

I have always loved dogs and have always planned that my kids would love them too. So, I decided that I would start Taylor out super young. When Taylor was only a few months old, I introduced him to my parent's cute beagle, Ringo. I guess you could say that I have been "socializing" them ever since. I think it's really important to have pets in a child's life. I had a dog growing up and I remember how much fun it was. Taylor has really grown to love Ringo a lot. He's the first thing he wants to see when he gets to my parent's house. We are planning to get Taylor a little puppy next year when we move and we are all looking forward to it. It's funny, Taylor gets a kick out of it when Ringo chokes on his water!













All of a sudden, Taylor loves playgrounds. I guess every child does at some point. I think it happened when he learned to go down the slide by himself. He can now climb the stairs and go down without any help. It's so neat! He could do it for hours and hours and hours and sometimes we do. And of course, we can't forget the swing. I've been trying to show him that he needs to sit back in the swing and hold onto the chains but he insists on leaning forward and having his arms dangle out in front... how cute!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

It's so nice when they can start doing things on their own in the park. He looks like he loves it.

Melissa said...

I can't wait to get a dog as well. I loved having dogs growing up! I saw Taylor at the park last night and was very impressed with his sliding skills. Jordan is all talk, he points to the slides and says slide all the time, but once we get to the park he sits and plays in the dirt. Oh well.