Thursday, April 29, 2010

9 years

My husband and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary yesterday! I know everybody says this but it's crazy that it's been that long. I think once you hit 10 years than that's a biggy. Sonny and I bought ourselves some baseball equipment for our presents this year. Sonny got a new bat and I'm getting a new glove. Yay! I haven't had a new one since I started playing softball in middle school. So we're ecstatic to start playing some ball! I had a couple of doctors appointments (still trying to figure out this dang back problem!!!!!) yesterday so it seemed like just a normal day. But when I got home, we decided to hit up a new place in Tacoma. Sonny found this place called "Southern Kitchen," a restaurant that had been featured in Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on the Food Network and, I guess, Oprah also likes it too. Well, she was right. It was fabulous :) I had the Southern Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, corn, and candied yams. Sonny tried out the Cajun Catfish. We realized when we got there that they didn't have a kids menu so Taylor ended up eating a basket full of french fries. Aren't we great parents? Anyways, so we stuffed our faces and boy, does that food sit hard in your stomach! But we had a great time. We'll be going out to dinner, just the two of us, next tuesday night so I'm excited about that too. We are now, as I type, getting ready to leave for the Great Wolf Lodge for a night. It's like a huge indoor water park so we are stoked about it! Taylor, I'm sure, will be in heaven. So I better go and get ready!

2 comments:

Carley said...

Happy Anniversay! 9 years, crazy how fast time flies by. I hope you get your back straightened out. I'm on steroids right now for mine. You should try them. I feel great but my toes and calf are still numb so looks like I'll have surgery! Keep a list of all the great restaurants to eat at so that when we come visit we can gain some weight!! Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Erica Bazil said...

Happy late Anniversary guys. Sonny I tried to e-mail you, but apparently your e-mail account isn't working or something. Anyway, it was good to hear from you! Send me an e-mail sometime at bazity@otc.isu.edu and maybe we can catch up a bit. By the way, I'm really not that buff anymore. A wife, two kids, and long hours of work will do that to a guy.

Ty