Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My husband... the Oral Surgeon !!!

Well, a couple days before we left for Boise for Christmas, Sonny found out that he got excepted to the military's Oral Surgery program! Yay! Even though I knew that he would, I was still relieved. It totally made my day. I knew he would because he's got all the requirements they ask for, plus tons more, that I just knew there wasn't any way they would refuse him. A few seconds after Sonny found out he got in, he told me a very vital piece of information: that those who apply directly out of school, like Sonny, very seldom get in. They tend to pick those that have been in the military longer and who have experience being a general dentists. Kind Sonny, knowing I would freak out if he told me the truth, chose to keep this truth from me the last couple months, which in the end, I am very grateful for. Thanks babe! He saved me a lot of worrying. Anyways, so yep, he got in but we still do not know where. We should be finding out anytime now. Sonny is hoping for San Antonio, Texas and I, I don't know where I want to go, anywhere but Washington D.C.! And hopefully somewhere not too cold (Rigby, Idaho almost killed me over Christmas.)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats!! What awesome news. We are happy for you guys!

AshleyS said...

congrats, that is wonderful news. can't wait to hear where you are going. my cousins husband is in the air force for med school and they just found out they are going to san antonio for his residency. that would be cool if you ended up there too!

Ali said...

Congratulations! I haven't seen you guys in FOREVER and didn't know you had a blog! Yea. Well, cute pictures and I was so happy when I heard. How exciting!