Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Time


Halloween is probably my second favorite holiday. I just love all the scary decorations and all. Since the season has started, Taylor has really been getting into monsters and ghosts and all the other halloween characters. He loves the old Scooby Doo movies because they are always solving mysteries in haunted houses etc. So this year, he has decided that he wants to be a mummy. I'm going to try and put it together myself so we'll see how it turns out (pictures to follow :) It's funny, I always ask him if he's a big boy and he says, "No, i'm a happy halloween boy!" Anyways, so in the mist of all the moving chaos, we managed to squeeze in a few halloween activities. My mom came down to help us move and we had fun hanging out with her.

Our porch all decked out for Halloween, well, sort of. I don't have many "nice" Halloween decorations. All of mine are from Dollar Tree and Big Lots. That probably wouldn't look very cool in front of our new house.


Carving pumpkins. Taylor loved the finished product and lighting it but wasn't really interested in carving it. It's ok though, I enjoyed it!

So, I've decided to never wear makeup again... just kidding. But it seems like it lately eh?


I tried to make carmel apples but didn't do very well. The carmel hardens so fast! And for some reason, the apples seemed really bruised and nasty tasting after I put the carmel on them. I don't know what happened. weird. Taylor just liked the carmel part, he could care less about the apple.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Wow! I like the pumpkin. Looks like fun. I think we'll have to do our pumpkins tonight for FHE. Those caramel apples looked good. Too bad the apple part didn't taste good. But is that the reason we eat caramel apples? I'm with Taylor. I just like the caramel. :)