Monday, October 19, 2009

NEW HOUSE!!!

It finally happened! We got a house! It's almost like it's not real :) It hasn't really hit me yet, even though most of our stuff is moved in. We had one of our pods delivered on saturday and the last one is coming tomorrow. It's weird, I hadn't seen any of that stuff for about 4 months, seems way longer than that. We didn't have a couch for 4 months. Let's just say, the floor and I got to be real good friends.

Our house for the next 5 years. We were the first and last to make an offer. We found it posted on zillow without any pictures and decided to check it out. Good thing we did. We both love it.
The cute entry way

The living room and family room kind of mesh into one, just separated by half of a wall. It's pretty nice because it makes it feel like one big room.

The biggest room I've ever had. I feel like a queen :)
On the second floor just above the stairs is a really nice spacious loft area, a perfect playroom for Taylor.
Taylor loves his huge room
The only bathtub in the whole house is the soaking tub in the master bath. Taylor is in heaven.
It's funny- the area with the toilet is about the same size as the whole bathroom in our apartment. Why do they make so much room just for a toilet?
Wonderful walk-in closet
I didn't know how I would feel about having a two-story house but I really like it, a lot.
We're going to use this fireplace a lot with the cold winter ahead of us. Isn't it pretty? Ignore the no-makeup me... who needs makeup while moving anyways?
Sonny absolutely loves the Brazilian cherry wood floors. I am realizing too that it is way better than carpet, especially on the first floor.
And another plus, NO carpet in the dining area !

I feel like the kitchen is almost too fancy. I don't miss the white linoleum floor that we had in Loma Linda at all :)
There is even a small fountain thingy in the backyard. Somehow, I don't think this feature will last very long in the backyard with a toddler.
I've always wanted a front porch!
side gate leading to backyard

nice brick pathway in the side yard
And a pretty big backyard I gotta say. Big enough for me to take care of, that is.
A view outside our front door. The community green space right outside was definitely a huge bonus!
The neighborhood is beautifully taken care of. Kind of reminds me of a 50's suburban town.
Sonny and I went into house hunting never thinking we would live in a PUD (planned urban development) but we really really like it so far. It is so safe for kids and Sonny's bike ride to work every day is now 5 miles instead of 10! Now to get some furnishings for the new house!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah I am so excited for you guys! It is so cute and I love the hard wood floors! Have fun moving in. Hopefully we will be soon too!

Carley said...

Sooooo cute. I love it. Congrats on your new ownership. I can't wait to come visit again and check it out! See you guys soon.

The Olsen Family said...

Emily it it so beautiful! I wish so much we were staying somewhere the whole time we are in the Air Force. It would be nice to be able to buy a home and stop the renting. Someday! Your house is so nice. I love the hardwood floors and the kitchen is to die for. Way to go guys! You totally deserve it!

Cambrienelson said...

Wow-- that is so fun and I'm so jelous!!!! the floors are beautiful! That is so great that you guys could buy. It gives me hope that we'll get there someday too : )

Celeste said...

That is awesome!!! I am very excited for you guys. It is very nice. I love the new family pet :)

Ali said...

Yea! What a cute house. Love it. I love the hardwood floors. The kitchen... I'm not missing that nasty, peely linoleum, either. Ew. And amen to a dining area without carpet! Ha. Nice green backyard. How nice to have a fenced-in area! Awesome. Congrats.

Stevo said...

whoa! Sure beats your Loma Linda place! I love that couch Sonny. Must be worth thousands of dollars:)

Christy said...

so exciting, that is a beautiful house. It doesn't seem really that people like us could really get a house. Congrats!