Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lost Teddy Bear


On Thursday, a really really awful thing happened... and it's all my fault and I feel so guilty about it. My mom, sister, Taylor and I went to Disneyland. In the midst of all the chaos and crowds, I lost Taylor's most favorite possession, his teddy bear. He has a habit of tossing things out of his stroller very often and I usually see it happen but for some reason, I didn't see him toss out his teddy bear. I knew it was bound to happen one of these times. When he has his teddy bear with him, I usually watch him like a hawk because I'm so deathly afraid of it getting lost. And so, it happened. And me being the worrysome, anxious person that I am, I had a cow, and am still having a cow. We all tried looking, I know he dropped it somewhere in tommorrow land, but what are the chances of finding it? Pretty much no chance at all. So i've been calling the lost and found there like every hour but have had no luck. So Sonny and I have been frantically searching around town and on the internet for a second teddy of the same kind. It's a Sugarloaf teddy bear, light blue, and wears a diaper. I have no idea who even gave it to us, somebody at the baby shower I guess. And even worse, we found out that it most likely came from one of those crane vending machines that have stuffed animals, the ones you see in arcades and stuff. So anyways, we've had no luck and Taylor since Thursday has been skipping his naps and not sleeping well at night at all. He has to have this little bear to sleep. We had some activities planned for Halloween, like parties and stuff, that we've had to skip because of this. So if any of you know of where I can find another one of these bears, let me know. Attached is a picture of it. It's interesting, I think in a way, I sort of became attached to it as well. It's funny how something so small and seemingly trivial can make a huge difference in your children's life.

No comments: